Please like this page!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Part 2...waking up Friday morning

So, I gave you an account of the couple days leading up to my labor. And now, it's time to get down to business. From here on out, I'll be giving you a play by play from early Friday morning until I finally delivered Jennie late Friday night and will also give you an idea of how recovery goes after a c-section. Time to start thinking about not reading further if you aren't ready to hear the gory details...Here goes...

5:15am, Friday, Sept. 23, 2011: Jake's alarm goes off. He hits snooze like normal while I get up and go pee (like normal; the toilet is your second home in the first and last trimesters of pregnancy). And I pee. And pee. And pee. There's no way I had that much pee in me, seeing as how I got up to go to the bathroom at 4am. Still peeing...and then it hits me- what if I'm not peeing? I start shaking and thinking to myself "you gotta look in the toilet" because for some reason I thought I may have delivered my baby right there (if only it was that easy). But I don't want to look in the toilet- what if there is a baby? If it's not a baby, then I'm pretty sure my water has broken and if that's the case, then I'm not ready. I'M NOT PREPARED! I'm pretty sure I sat on the toilet for about 15 minutes fighting and arguing with myself when I finally get the nerve to look, and I'll spare you the details- there wasn't a baby but it wasn't just pee either. Next thought- crap, I gotta wake Jake up...

5:30am- I walk into the bedroom and Jake is still sleeping so I shake him. And he doesn't move. So I shake him again and say "hun, I think I need to go to the hospital."

5:31am- Jake is dressed, sitting in the car, waiting for me.

5:33am- I go upstairs to brush my teeth and Jake comes running up.
"Are you coming?!"- Jake
"I wanna call the doctor first, to make sure I should come in."-Me
"Well call then!"-Jake

5:35am- I get done brushing my teeth and go back downstairs and grab my phone. I call the hospital and tell my doctor (who was on duty that morning...shocker!) what my symptoms are and she says to be come in. I say it's shocking that she was on duty because it doesn't matter who your doctor is during your whole pregnancy, you will more than likely end up with a different one at delivery (I did). So Jake and I get in the car and drive up to Rockford Memorial Hospital.

6:15am- All I can think about going past all the stores and restaurants in Rockford is how hungry I am. Jake is yelling at all the red lights (pretty sure he called one a motherfu**er at one point). I didn't know if I was allowed to eat before being admitted to the hospital, and I didn't want to ask Jake to stop when he was so focused on getting to there in record time so I chose not to eat. I really regretted that later...

7am- We walk into the hospital...

No comments:

Post a Comment