Please like this page!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

How long are you a "new mom"?

My daughter is going to be 6 months old next week, and I got to thinking- at what point am I no longer a new mom, just a mom? My blog is based around the whole premise of experiencing new things on a nearly daily basis, but just in the past couple weeks, I feel like my little family has finally hit a routine. We haven't had many of those "OMG" moments recently..."oh my god, what do I do?! She is crying and won't stop!" "oh my god, she hasn't pooped in 3 days!" Nothing too exciting, other than she can now roll everywhere and stick both feet in her mouth- which is pretty cool, if I must say. Our new routine- wake up, get ready, go to work (she goes to the daycare I work at), come home, go for a walk, eat dinner, take a bath, then go to bed. It just hit me one night earlier this week- "holy crap, I think we got the hang of this whole thing now". Most experienced parents said that would happen around the 3 month mark, but for us I guess it took a little longer.

So, moms and dads out there- at what point did you go from calling yourself a "new" mom or dad to just a parent? One who takes everything in stride and realizes "this too shall pass"? I kinda feel like I'm losing a special title or something, not being able to call myself a new mom. Just a mom. But that one word sums up my whole life now- a life that I have no idea how I lived before I took on that title.

No comments:

Post a Comment