Please like this page!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Free time

The definition of free time according to a child-less person- time to take a nap, time to watch an NCIS marathon, time to go shopping.

The definition of free time according to a parent- time to do laundry, time to vacuum, time to run errands. 

My parents took Jennie (my cupcake in case you didn't know) for the afternoon, so I have about 4 hours of "free time". Which means I will spend the next four hours (after writing this) cleaning the house and catching up on everything else that doesn't get done during the week. We have been living in this house for nearly a month now, and still have boxes everywhere to unpack. I have a mountain of laundry taller than I am and it smells like there might be a dead animal under it- anyone want to have a contest for the husband/boyfriend/man friend with the smelliest socks? We still haven't fully set up our bedroom yet so we have piles of clean clothes laid out like land mines and apparently Jake doesn't know the difference between the clean and dirty piles because I just found his nasty socks on top of some of my clean shirts this morning. Men...

Currently, I have a load of laundry on top of the dryer to put away, a load drying, one in the washer and at least four more in the hamper to do. Don't even get me started on the dishes, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the bathrooms...it's never ending. So if you don't have children of your own, enjoy your free time. Enjoy being able to sit on the couch, watch Lifetime movies til you can't cry anymore, and then talk to one of your friends who does have a child to tell them you are coming over to do dishes. Or after reading this, come over and help me do laundry...I won't make you touch Jake's horrible socks :)

Check out the giveaway I'm doing on my blog's Facebook page...just search The Cupcake In My Belly!

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how the little ones change your life isn't it? I hope you get a chance for a little nap though. It's hard to resist the temptation to do all the housework, but you really do need a little time for you too!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete