Please like this page!

Friday, January 27, 2012

The good and the bad....this one is for Amber

What a week...where to begin? With the good stuff I guess. First- thanks to all of my awesome readers, I won 2 tickets to see Jason Aldean in Champaign, IL next weekend! It will be my 28th time seeing him live. Wow, my addiction is getting slightly out of control. 28? My goal is 30 by the end of 2012. It will happen. I also celebrated my 24th birthday, and this year was the first year I truly felt like I had a grown-up birthday because I now know the feeling "it's just another day". And that is how I wanted it.
Of course with the good comes the bad. One of my best friends in the whole world lost her step-dad in a car accident on Sunday out in Wyoming. Amber and I have been friends nearly our whole lives. We grew up next door to each other, went to the same high school...over 20 years of friendship and we have seen the good and bad in each others' lives. She and her mom have known more sadness than anyone should have to bear. Her baby brother passed away at the age of 2 from heart complications, and now they have lost another guy near and dear to them. Who would have thought that the last time they said good bye to each other before he left for vacation in Wyoming would be the last time for good? I guess you never truly know...but I do know that through the good and bad, true friends will be there. And I know I will always be here for my baby girl, my family, and my friends.
Don't forget to hug and kiss your loved ones the next time you see them...you just never know <3 I love you Amber!

No comments:

Post a Comment